I'm all atwitter:

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Well hell

I swear on my yarn that I didn't forget about this blog! There's this thing that gets in the way of my knitting and blogging...maybe you've heard of it? WORK. Uh! I've been a busy kitten these past two weeks! Busy busy busy.

Oh! So remember how I was allll excited that this yarn shop across town had my ever-lovin yarn? Not so much. They had Lamb's Pride Bulky but not in superwash. I bought it anyway b/c the lady was so nice and b/c I made my first scarf out of it and I think a hat would be cute. Go fig. I'm such a sucker.

I called another LYS even more across town and while they don't have what I want, they offered to order it. I'm expecting a call early in the week to give me an ETA and cost. Cross your needles for me, girls!!

I went to my second felted bag class and the Ladies Who Knit were impressed with my bag I think! While part of me thinks they're always this sweet, I do think they thought I did a nice job. That made Baby feel really good and made the cramped hand from sewing worth it!

Since I was all yarned up with no pattern to knit, Whitney (the sweet instructor) suggested I make a super cute bag and learn intarsia while I was at it. Oh sure. I can fig that out. RIGHT! Anyway, I knitted the back and most of the side panel. Once I finish that, I'll tackle the front and the intarsia. We'll see how that goes. I'd post pics of it but it's going to be a gift for a friend and I don't want her seeing it!!

Other than that and the occasional dishcloth, Baby's knitting has been at a stand-still. NO FUN. :(

I've stayed caught up on the other Knitting Blogs I Love and everyone else has been so busy! I'm nearly jealous.

Aside from that, I "rededicated" myself to Weight Watchers. Heh. I'd lost 27 pounds last year and then sorta just stopped. Stopped weighing, stopped counting points, etc. I managed to only gain 2.4 lbs in that time off so I"m not too heartbroken. Maybe I can knit in lieu of stuffing my face? Here's to hoping!!

2 comments:

Natalie Rush said...

I'm glad you had time to post. Kind of miss ya and didn't want to bother you because I figured you were busy. :)
The bag does look great and I'm sure your next one will too. I'm jealous a bit because I'm not ready to felt yet, but that bag is really awesome.

I hope your having a great weekend.

Nat

Ally said...

Hi, sweetness! I was a busy busy baby -- don't worry about bothering me though, sometimes I need a kick in the arse to get going again :)

You're so ready to felt! Seriously. I'm a knitting moron and I managed to not totally eff up my bag!

Weekend is eh. I work both days of it so it pretty much takes the wind out of my sails. Fortunately (for me at least) Al is working too so I have someone to feel sorry for me too! hahahaha