I'm all atwitter:

Saturday, September 8, 2007

Novice Baby

I learned to knit two months ago in one of those "Learn to knit in 2 hours" classes at my LYS. I'd been crocheting for three or so years prior to that but my skills in the hooking department are miserly. I can double crochet and that's really about it. Boring? Very. Quick? Extremely. Baby has hooked out dozens and dozens of scarves. All my friends have warm necks except for a few of the fashionista ones. Burberry I ain't.

Knitting has been a mystery for sometime. Baby's a lefty (hence the lack of crocheting skills) and thought knitting would be difficult because of that. Au contraire! Who knew one could knit Continental and it'd be easy as pie?!?! I breezed through my first scarf and started right in on my second scarf (more on that later) and dishcloths and now I'm ass-deep in felting.

For those at home who are confused at my Bob Dole-esque third person references to myself as "Baby," you must turn your attention and blame to my boyfriend. It's all his fault. Al's a sweet hunk of man and calls me "baby." It's endearing and cute considering the alternatives. I'm a bit of a sass, so I mouth off a lot and tell him "Baby doesn't iron," "Baby doesn't do windows" and things of that nature. It's stuck and I now refer to myself as "Baby" so much that it's taken the place of nearly all personal pronouns at home. I've even caught myself saying it in public. The horror!

But this isn't *really* public, right? ;) I mean, most of y'all aren't even wearing pants.

No comments: