I'm all atwitter:

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Pictures Pictures!

Before I dashed off to work this morning (err....afternoon) I snapped some pictures of what's on the needles and what I've finished lately:

My coworker is having a baby boy in early December. Her husband was in the Army and he's really into hunting and all that business...so of course the baby needs a camo blankie!

I'm using Lion Brand's Diagonal Pattern Baby Blanket with Red Heart's Super Saver in Camo doubled on #11 straights. I have a feeling that I'm going to run out of room on the needles. I have 52 (I think) stitches on the needles right now and need to double that to get the blankie the size I want. I guess you just cram them on, right?

*Note how that chair in the background looks so...loved. That's Maddy's homebase. Normally she's there but Mommy had opened the curtains for her so she could sun her sweet belly.*

It's a simple pattern once you get started: K3, yo, knit to end of row. After you get it as big as you want, you start the decreases. The yo gives that cute border and I love love the diagonal of it all. I loathe casting on b/c I never pull out enough tail and then when I pull out a lot, it's way too much and I waste yarn. HATE. This way, I only had to cast on 5 stitches and will only have to bind off that many too.

It's working up pretty quickly too. I did what's on the needles in about three hours total time. Not bad considering I was watching "America's Next Top Model" and a myriad of other "trash TV" as Al so lovingly calls it.

You can see the yo better in this pic:

It's not really all wonky and curved. It's crammed on that needle and won't lie flat.

And to see how thick it is...it's going to be really cozy. I hope the baby likes!!


I also took some pics of Al's scarf. Still no word if they can get the yarn for me or not :( Baby's displeased.

Isn't it pretty? I love how the sides are wavy. And closeup so you can see what a sloppy knitter I am :)

I really want to work on this more b/c I love the pattern but since I'll be putting the "new" ball of yarn in the middle, I'm stuck.

The irresponsible amount of cotton yarn I ordered:


Those are 1lb cones in apple green, black, brown, white, black/white/gray, pink/yellow/green, shades of brown, pink/white/black. There are also some small leftovers that I'll eventually make one big dishtowel out of when I get enough. I also have a cone of a lovely cream/brown/blue/lime that's in the travel bag. It goes to doctor's offices, car trips, etc. I toss them in big plastic zipper bags, cut off the end and knit out of it. Keeps the dog hair at bay. I love Maddy but not everyone wants Maddy all up in their dishcloths.

Some finished ballband dishcloths:

There are a few more floating around but Baby just does not have the time nor energy to find those suckers. The two in the center were my "Damnit, I'm knitting two dishcloths on this trip!" cloths. The one on the right I managed to do last Sunday whilst Al and I traversed Southern Indiana and Bardstown, KY. Baby's a prodigy, no? hahaha

Oh and this knitting in lieu of eating business is gonna work I think. I knitted on that blanket last night/this morning instead of digging through the fridge for something I didn't need. Yay!

No comments: