I'm all atwitter:

Saturday, September 8, 2007

Ballband dishcloth craze

In all my obsessive internet searching, I came across Mason-Dixon Knitting. I instantly fell in love. After I got my bearings back, I drove my cute self to Walmart and Hobby Lobby in search of #7 needles and fun, bright cotton yarn.

Per usual, I wasn't failed. I bought a half dozen balls of bright, fun colors along with some metal #7 needles, and a few other notions. I had previously printed out the ballband pattern and was determined to tackle it.

My novice skills were tested! I didn't know how to read patterns well, slip stitches were foreign but I was going to kick this pattern's ass.

And you know what?? I did!

Fraternal twins:

I instantly fell in lust. The only thing I didn't like was the size. I did Hard Math and figured I could cast on 39 instead of 45 and my dishcloths would still be big enough but not THAT huge.

Al and I recently too a road trip to aforementioned sorority sister's wedding and I set a goal of knitting two dishcloths in the car. Never mind we sat in the car for 5 minutes in front of our townhome the night we arrived so I could bind off -- I made my goal :)

I've now made 5 of these dishcloths and decided they'd make perfect Christmas gifts! I bought an irresponsible amount of cotton yarn from Elmore Pisgah (makers of my beloved Peaches 'n Cream cotton yarn) in a variety of colors and have quite the project ahead of me.

Oh and in the spirit of full disclosure, my shitty math skills caused me to order twice as much yarn as I need. Thank goodness this stuff is inexpensive and handy else I'd be pissed!

Stay tuned for more Ballbands!

2 comments:

Natalie Rush said...

I need to knit one of these up. I love the way they look!! I read all your blogs...and they were oh so much fun. :) I feel a bit like a stalker of you now. :) hehehe ok...class about to start gotta go teach now. :)

Ally said...

You totally do! They're super easy.

Aww it's okay! I stalked the ever lovin hell out of you and read all your posts the other night. Now we're just even!