I'm all atwitter:

Monday, March 10, 2008

Snow babies

In unusual form, Louisville was dumped with 11 inches of snow Friday night/Saturday morning. In my life, I can only recall getting enough snow to play in four times. In '94 we got 24 inches, in '98 there was 22. Fast forward to '04 and I nearly missed Christmas because of 14 inches topped with an inch of ice.

Al, Maddy and I built my second-ever snowman:

We spent the afternoon making snow angels, throwing snow bricks at each other's heads, wallowing with the dog, and acting like 8-year-olds. And it was perfect!

The view out our front door when we got up:

The view out the back:

Maddy had never been in this much snow before but she loved it. Came up to her belly :)

Proud of our hard work (check out my orange scarf - my first knitted project!):
And my new favorite picture ever - the two things I love most in this world:

Al's wearing a crochet scarf I made for his birthday LAST year. We'd only been dating 2 weeks but I knew he'd be around to wear it :) Maddy's such a sullen teenager. Too-tight tshirts, dirty looks...she's got it all. Even the eye-rolling :)

Exciting knitting news to come... hold onto your britches!

2 comments:

Natalie Rush said...

Maddy looks like she is having a blast!! That is a LOT of snow but it looks like so much fun. The snowman is great!!!

Your blogging. :)

kathy b said...

How wonderful that you knew he'd be around to wear it! Love maddy's bright outfit.